Innovetive Petcare seeks a Hospital Administrator for the premiere referral practice in eastern Tennessee, Animal Emergency and Specialty Center of Knoxville. The Hospital Administrator has primary responsibility for the smooth functioning and advancement of the Knoxville hospital under the direction of the Innovetive Petcare practice management team and in coordination with the Specialty Director.
The Hospital Administrator must possess and exhibit maturity and a high level of integrity, have strong communication and organizational skills, and be eager and able to train and supervise the practice’s staff. The Hospital Administrator accepts responsibility for the efficient running of the practice, ensuring support staff is fully trained, and ensures our clients receive optimal care in a welcoming and service-oriented environment.
Specifically, the role of the Hospital Administrator is to:
- Support the specialists and their practices.
- Grow the specialty practice through recruitment, efficiencies, training, and marketing, working integrally with the specialists.
- Support and develop the ER veterinarians.
- Oversee the internship and externship programs to ensure a stream of qualified applicants, a quality program, and oversight of their work and development.
- Promote relationships with referring veterinarians and ensure steps are taken in-house and through outreach to develop, promote, and support those relationships.
- Recruit qualified support staff and oversee their training and development.
- Develop and implement training and assessment programs.
- Develop leaders and trainers among the support team.
- Increase veterinary and support staff retention.
- Advance a culture of professionalism and teamwork.
- Communicate professionally, effectively, and commonly with the team and Innovetive Petcare leadership.
- Ensure consistent coverage of the ER and all specialty services.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the business including payroll, inventory, and day-to-day operations.
- Maintain the facility.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Work with the Innovetive Petcare management team regarding goal setting, administrative matters, large purchases, marketing initiatives, new programming, and substantial hires.
- Increase client satisfaction rates.
- Provide a continuing education program for the regional veterinary community.
- Provide consistent positive feedback to staff members regarding their performance.
- Recognize failures, and potential negative future outcomes, and address them in such a way as to advance the practice as the premier regional specialty practice, preserve our reputation, advance the standard of care, and develop the team.
- Take disciplinary action when necessary.
- Evaluate revenues and expenses and work with the Innovetive Petcare team to ensure both profitability and the sustained growth of the practice.
- Provide leadership.
Candidates should have a bachelors degree and three or more years experience managing a veterinary specialty practice. Candidates must have proven excellence in:
- Staff and team development
- Customer service
- Developing and implementing strategic plans
- Financial management
Innovetive Petcare is committed to delivering best-in-class tools and management support to practices to optimize their growth without disrupting the culture and individuality of the practice. We are committed to the development of our teams and to be good members of our communities. We offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package. Moving expenses are negotiable.
Why work with Animal Emergency & Specialty Hospital of Knoxville?
- Convenient work hours to ensure work / life balance
- Generous salary (commensurate with experience)
- Skilled support staff and a nurturing work atmosphere
- Top-of-the-line benefits package
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose built veterinary training programs
- Continuing education
- Well-equipped and maintained facility
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Endless opportunity
Aside from this exceptional practice opportunity, Tennessee offers skiing & snowboarding, kayaking & white-water rafting, fishing, and countless hiking & biking trails throughout the nearby Smoky Mountains National Park. Tennessee has no state income tax and a low cost of living. This is a great place to raise a family in a safe environment with great schools.
We invest in our employees! We offer an amazing benefit packing including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company match, as well as continued education opportunities a very educational work environment. Candidates without veterinary referral practice management experience will not be considered.
Interested in learning more? Please send a CV and letter of interest to Kathryn Smith at email@example.com. All candidates resume will be kept confidential. Serious and casual inquiries welcome. We look forward to hearing from you!
|Job Category||Practice Manager|