Introducing the Advanced Surgery Mentorship Program
Innovetive Petcare’s Regional Operations Manager, Josh Jasper, recently launched the “Advanced Surgery Mentorship Program” at Doral Centre Animal Hospital in Miami, Florida, this month. The first two doctors at Doral Centre involved — Dr. Rei Hernandez and Dr. Carlos Puron — became an imperative part of the curriculum, timeline, and milestones in the program. The passion that these two doctors have for the program and the positive impact on their animal hospital was invigorating for Josh to see.
Creating a program like this was significant to Josh because over the past 15 years of his veterinary career, he has seen the pendulum swing towards referral and this has continuously reduced the opportunities for doctors to develop skills performing complicated procedures.
“The goal of the Advanced Surgery Mentorship Program is to offer Associate Veterinarians with a passion for surgery the opportunity to develop skills and gain more confidence in advanced procedures. As our industry continues to pivot and adapt, I am hoping our innovative program will help balance the need for referral and give our general practice doctors a unique opportunity for growth”
— Joshua Jasper, Regional Operations Manager, Innovetive Petcare
The 18-month Advanced Surgery Mentorship Program includes the following:
- Unlimited surgical continuing education including the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) immersive surgical workshop and trainings with our partners at Securos Surgical and Arthrex
- Remote, cutting-edge surgical case consults with pre-case approach discussion and post-surgical review
- Local mentorship with an area surgeon and Doral’s Medical Director, Dr. Anjanette Cabeza
- Advanced veterinary technician training in surgical and anesthesia skills as well as equipment care
- Direct personal and support development from Field Operators and the entire Innovetive Petcare team
Innovetive Petcare is confident the Advanced Surgery Mentorship Program is the #IPCdifference needed for our growing number of clinics, doctors, patients and clients as well as for the veterinary industry as a whole.
To learn more about the program, contact Josh Jasper at email@example.com.
About Innovetive Petcare: Innovetive Petcare, based in Austin, TX, provides best-in-class service to its growing network of 47 veterinary hospitals across the country. Believing that excellent pet care comes from exceptional teams, Innovetive Petcare’s clinics benefit from tools, resources, and a supportive team dedicated to helping veterinary practices prosper, grow, and provide quality animal healthcare. Learn more at innovetivepetcare.com.
Regional Operations Manager, Innovetive Petcare